In order to control the spread of the new Omicron COVID-19 variant for tourists in Thailand and Thai citizens’ safety
The World Health Organization or WHO has made an announcement regarding the discovery of the new B.1.1.529 COVID-19 variant in Africa. The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has readjusted the entry regulations of travellers from countries in the Africa region as follow:
1. The Thailand Pass system will be temporarily unavailable for travellers from the 8 countries: Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
2. Travellers (from the 8 countries and territories) who have already registered in the Thailand Pass (QR Code) and are expected to arrive from 1 December 2021 are not permitted to enter the Kingdom.
3. For travellers from countries in Africa (except 8 countries in the list below that are temporarily suspended from entering Thailand from 1 December 2021 onwards), due to the recent announcement by the World Health Organization (WHO) with regards to the detection of the new COVID-19 "OMICRON" variant in Africa, travellers from countries in the said region must have 14 days quarantine package (including RT-PCR test and transportation) at an Alternative Quarantine (AQ) hotel only.
4. Thai nationals traveling from the above categories please contact the Royal Thai Embassy in Pretoria or in your country of residence for assistance.
5. The listed travel regulations have already been announced on the Thailand Pass website (https://tp.consular.go.th/). If you have any questions regarding the Thailand Pass, please email support email@example.com or contact the hotline Tel: +66 2572 8442, +66 65205 4247, +666 5205 4288, and +66 65205 4249 available 24 hours.
1600 New Phetchaburi Road, Makkasan, Ratchathevi, Bangkok 10400, THAILAND Tel : +662 250 5500 TAT Call Center 1672